Follow @YourBroTheNerd

Monday, July 29, 2013

Flipping back to Flipboard

 For as long as I can remember, I have been on a quest to find an application that allows me to view all of my social media streams/pages in one convenient location. I’ve gone through a few throughout the years – from the “ok” to “goodness – that’s awful!”. 

 During my quest, I came across Flipboard and had settled on it. At the time however, I always felt something was missing. Specifically, Google Plus. But, I lived with it. I’ve always enjoyed Flipboad’s layout, its cover page and beautifully smooth transitions.

 But over time I noticed I wasn’t using it as much, so I uninstalled it and just went back to opening social media apps individually. In fact, I actually forgot about Flipboard until recently when Flipboard’s Owen Thomas announced a new web interface. So, I decided to give it another shot. And I’m glad I did!

 Flipboard now has every social media outlet that I use – from Google Plus to SoundCloud. All packed within its beautiful UI. The display is especially awesome on my Nexus 7! There have been a few updates since my last use as well, namely faster feed updates and Flipboard launches very quickly. And of course, there is the ability to search and add new topics to your Flipboard. The read later function comes in handy, and the magazine creation feature adds an extra punch!


Many of you will read this and say, “well, duh!” But for those of you like me, who had abandoned Flipboard for one reason or another, I suggest you give it another look-see!

No comments:

Post a Comment